Saturday, June 12, 2010

Obscure Aspria price policy: who pays what?

Forum discussion as retrieved from http://www.xpats.com/q-a/1.70803


In the meantime, this has disappeared from the xpats site. Hmmm. What happened?

Question

Has any one use the Aspria Fitness Club in Brussels?

What your opinion on it? What about the premium price of €116 per month including the €100 joining fee.

Do you think it's expensive?

Asked by Kenneth Fri, 29/05/2009 in the Sports & fitness category | 11 answers | add your own answer | end to a friend 
Answers
.../...

Tell them you want a lower price or you'll go elsewhere. I negotiated a big reduction at Aspria La Rasante.
Answer by JS Fri, 29/05/2009

Hi JS,

Can you tell me how much reduction I can get? thanks
Answer by Kenneth Fri, 29/05/2009

xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxx (very negative opinion, censored).


We tried to get a special deal for 24 employees and their spouses/partners and the best deal was 1st month half price,€100 fees and then €116 as usual...We opted to shop around...
Answer by Aspriaphobe Sun, 31/05/2009

I joined Aspria last summer and I've been paying €125 per month (automatically debited). Is €116 fee for premium?
My membership gives access to all the facilities and classes. Have I been ripped off or has the price gone down this year?
Answer by TT Tue, 02/06/2009

I just went there this week and they even asked for 129€ per month!
.../... So I might try to negociate now that I know...
Answer by tifitaf 12 months ago

7 comments:

  1. It's Brussels. Always new people coming in they can rip off. I have not been to Aspria, just googled it as I really am very, very pissed of with costumer "service" in Passage Fitness. They just do not care once they have your account number. And since they became part of "World Class Group" they have even become worse. Dirty, disgusting, 50 people in one body combat course in a room which would be ok for 30. And more and more open days coming up to find new idiots paying for their very, very bad work. Hardly English spoken though most costumers do not speak French. You are allowed to pay though. Getting so angry and so sad when thinking about it. Sad that the EU chose this place as its capital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asked to pay the membership fee of 500 and monthly a 220! It is for the Aspria avenue louise though, through which you can use the other clubs too. What are the prices others are paying for the moment??

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP being paranoid, it's simple, there are different rates for different clubs so don't mix everything up, and prices are indexed every year, so the rates change from year to year. There is nothing obscur about any of this. Maybe it has not been explained to you properly but they cannot make up prices, they are set every year.
    Aspria has never been part of World Class Group or Confinimmo, what is sad is to see people who have no idea what they are talking about posting things on a blog.. get the info! get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its ok to tell you opinion, butit isn't ok to do so anonymous! do it with you name and even if you work at aspria: do it in their name and not anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 500 euros membership fee and 240 a month at av. louise is right. Assuming that there are leavers or you are recommended by existing members. They are above target members and not always 'open' to new members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    We are new in Brussels and I am looking around for a nice gym. This morning they gave me a tour through Aspria. They offered a monthly subscription for Euro 183,00 per month for me and a Euro 330,-- for me and my husband. For our kids I need to pay extra, Euro 44,00 per child. The joining fee is Euro 500,00. Is this normal and what everybody pays? Please let me know what your experiences are, before I sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear All,
    if you are willing to stay in the luxury market with customers having expectations for me the staff is essential. I heard from many friends that the reception is unfriendly not willing to help so why would i pay more than 100€ for a lousy service? When i made the tour the guy didn´t listen to my comments, these people have no glue how to treat people correctly and the popularity is only high because there is no alternative. The management seems also to be incompetent, fixing the steamroom shouldn´t take months. I hope that someone clever opens a place trying to avoid this rude arrogant crowd and focus on the xpats offering similar services.

    ReplyDelete